Log Cabin KAL

"Give me land, lots of land - covered in garter stitch." -Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

not much progress

<>Sorry, not too much progress on my log-cabin. I have been working on my crochet blanket the last few days. I want it finished ! Also, I had a frozen shoulder problem last year, and when I knit too much it acts up again. One of my New Years resolutions was not to overdo it, and limit knitting to strictly one hour a day. Starting a log-cabin was maybe not the smartest thing to do. I figured I could knit on 'just one block'. I find it very addictive to 'finish that block', and one block takes around five hours.

Anyway, I have been thinking about my log cabin. I still want to use the denim yarn, and was thinking about knitting solid color blocks, washing/shrinking those and incorporating that in the afghan. I have been surfing around to find nice lay-outs for an afghan with an even number of multicolored and solid blocks. I am not a quilter (tried it, didn't like all the sewing). I found this free software for quilters : http://www.quiltmakersoftware.com

Anybody knows this ? It looks promising !

1 Comments:

Blogger String Bean said...

If you're having problems with your shoulder(s), take a break from knitting and take a hot bath. There's this aromatherapy stuff I use that works really well on muscle aches. It's pretty cheap, too. Here's a link:

http://www.queenhelene.com/batherapyliquidbath2.html

If there's a Walgreens or similar drugstore near you, they carry it for a little under $6.00.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home