Log Cabin KAL

"Give me land, lots of land - covered in garter stitch." -Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne

Saturday, May 27, 2006

progress

I promised progress pictures :

This is square 1 to 4. I like how the colors work together. A comment was to make a baby blanket, or cushion cover. That would work, but I really want a blanket size finished product. My teenage son and daughter both have their TV blanket. These look so old and tattered, that I really want some new ones. (I don't know if they will agree to give up their old blankies ! - actually old sleeping bags).

I started crocheting a blanket, and as that went fast, I started knitting one also. I just think the knitted one will take a lot longer to finish. It will probably be a two year project. That's OK, because I plan to have my living room redecorated by then. I add a picture of my crochet blanket, I hope that's OK. It's nearly finished, but it's a bit scractchy (shetland wool). I'll probably have to line it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

Wow, at first my heart almost stopped. I thought, that's impossible! it cant' be, the blanket, almost finished? So now I'm relieved, it's crochet and another project! Yeah, the colors work nicely together, well done. It's nice to not have time restriction upon the project. I'm getting tired of my LC. Wish it were done already.

6:31 AM  
Blogger String Bean said...

Your crochet blanket looks really good. I love that you used different sized squares. I thought your crochet afghan was your finished knitted log cabin afghan. She's done already!? Impossible!

You definitely won't be sent to the torture chamber for posting your crocheted afghan. :)

12:47 PM  
Blogger dominiqueknitting said...

actually, the crochet afghan pattern was in the IKcrochet spring 06 issue. But your comment made me think about it - maybe I could knit the logcabin in different sized squares ? I want the 2 afghans to match, one for DD and one for DS.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Looks great!
I've been eyeing that IK crocheted blanket for some time-your's is amazing!

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The crochet blanket is awesome. I want to knit one like that. It looks like a work of art.

7:29 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i am also making a babette's blanket. yours is the first finished one i've seen. i'd love to see more photos!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home