Log Cabin KAL

"Give me land, lots of land - covered in garter stitch." -Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hi! and buttons...

Hi, I'm Tara, and I'm so excited to get Log-Cabining! I think I'll start with some washcloths (for Mother's Day...better get crackin'!) and then move onto The Blanket.
I have several blankets planned:

1. My handpainted yarn...I'll use the throw for fiber festivals to show off my colorways. I'm still thinking through the layout of colors, because I don't want it to be too crazy. I'm thinking of many small logcabin squares, cool colors on one side and warm on the other, then line them up in a traditional quilt pattern (so all the cool colors make some larger pattern...I'll show pictures of examples when I have them)

2. Blues...made from all my blue yarn scraps....probably a bit more modern, closer to freeform knitting...picking up stitches and knitting until the yarn runs out. I picture it with a mitered border from a blue yarn I have lots of...that is, unless I find another use for that yarn.

3. In-Law throw....not sure yet, but I'm collecting ideas and yarn. I have 3 skeins of dk green Malabrigo and 2 Point Five skeins in Monet (a blend of pastels and greens).

Ok, enough of me, I'd like to share some buttons (I hope that's ok):

Use them at will, and enjoy!

2 Comments:

Blogger String Bean said...

Thanks for the buttons! I'll post them on the sidebar for people to use. I haven't had any time to sit down and make one, so thanks!

10:04 AM  
Blogger DragonMommie said...

Hi... I am trying to put a button on my website, but cannot figure out how to get the code that I need. I am at Wordpress.... thank you, Debbie

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home