Log Cabin KAL

"Give me land, lots of land - covered in garter stitch." -Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne

Monday, May 22, 2006

Starting out...

Well, I cast on for my log cabin afghan... it's fairly fast going right now, but I know as the strips get bigger that it will feel like a never ending thing :)

I think the biggest challenge is keeping my guage. I've noticed that the longer I knit, the more I relax... I want a square blanket, not a wonky diamond. Maybe restricting myself to one strip a night will help keep my laziness in check.

I can see that I'm going to need some new needles... my stitches are getting pretty close together on the needle. I'm thinking a nice new set of circulars... any excuse to buy new needles!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

You'll need circs for sure unless it's going to be a baby log cabin. I'm switching to 150 cm circs today! I'm so glad somebody else is showing us their work.

12:33 PM  
Blogger String Bean said...

Starting a new project is the best excuse to buy new needles. I may have to get a new pair of 3mm aluminum circs because my dog chewed the tips up. Bad puppy, but new needles...

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home