Log Cabin KAL

"Give me land, lots of land - covered in garter stitch." -Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne

Monday, March 12, 2007

I'm New

Thanks for the invite. I'm afraid I am as new to this blogging thing as to knitting Log Cabin Blankets. I'm even newer to Blogger, though I have an old attempt at a blog floating around here somewhere. This is my first contribution to a team blog... is that what they call these?

I am a SAHM doing a little baby sitting when needed. I have a 2 yr old boy and so, you can imagine that I don't have all that much time to knit... but I work it out. I take my knitting everywhere, "just in case", including parish meetings and choir practice... whenever I can. If you want to know more about me, you can find more info here.

I am working on my first LCB and was curious as to what others were doing, and that is how I found this blog. However I got here, I am glad that I am here. The most up-to-date pic of my blanket is here on one of my posts. I have done 2 or 3 more layers of stripes since then and I think this will be it as I want to finish it, and start on one made of real bright primary colors for a new baby in the family. Today I checked out "Mason Dixon Knitting" for the first time and I am absolutely in love with the curvy ones, though I have no idea how they are done. Didn't buy the book because I was really there for some other material.

Well, I guess that is enough for now. Thanks for letting me join!

3 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

I, too, am new to the blog world. I've created my own blog - devoted to knitting - but how do I get it linked to this site? How did you blog on Log Cabin KAL (I'm New). I want to do the same.

Thanks.

11:54 AM  
Blogger String Bean said...

You email me (Christina) with your blog address and I link to your blog with your name in the sidebar.

12:53 PM  
Blogger amy said...

Thanks again for the help.
my blogsite is amyknit40.blogspot.com

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home