Log Cabin KAL

"Give me land, lots of land - covered in garter stitch." -Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne

Thursday, October 19, 2006

promised pictures



I promised some pictures of my finished afghan. My son has just declared it 'too short'.
Yarns used in this blanket :
- Anny Blatt 'Louxor' and Anny Blatt 'Assouan' - bought in Orange (France) in the Anny Blatt factory outlet
- Rowan 'cotton glace' and '4ply cotton' - my LYS and swaps
- Scheepjeswol 'cotton 8' - a market stand somewhere in Holland
- Debbie Bliss 'wool/cotton' -swap
- unknown cotton (several shades of brown) - no label, but probably Anny Blatt or Bouton d'or (also bought in Orange)
- 4 points cottonade - a friends stash
- variegated blue cotton - bought on a cone in Pisa (Italy)
- Schachenmayer Nomotta 'blue jeans' - my LYS and ebay
- Bergère de France - Bergereine
I liked the wool/cotton best - I think it will not stretch as much as all that heavy cotton.
I know this afghan will not get used now. My son wants a longer one. Maybe I should start another ?

3 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

Wow, that's a shame. Surely you've got use for it yourself. It's so beautiful! I'm knitting a Log Cabin for my son as well, and I would have stopped knitting on it, but he also wants it long enough, so I'm knitting away on it, hoping it will end soon. ;o)

3:25 PM  
Blogger Not An Artist said...

It is a shame because it is beautiful. And I loved the story of where all the yarns came from, what a wonderfully well-travelled afghan you've made!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Your afghan is just BEAUTIFUL !! :-)

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home