Log Cabin KAL

"Give me land, lots of land - covered in garter stitch." -Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne

Friday, September 29, 2006

afghan progress


This is about what I have knitted so far. I have knitted all the yarn I had intended to go in this blanket up now. I was aiming for a very big blanket - I have 28 squares now, and it just is not long enough (according to the recipient - DS). As I wanted to do this solely from stash, I was in a quandry - use the remaining cotton that had 'KF vest' written on it, or not ? I decided to use them after all. I just need 4 squares. After that I plan to knit a wide border around the blanket. That should add length and width also. I have found 9 balls of a very dark brownish red in my stash. It's a bit heavier weight then the cotton glace and Anny Blatt yarns I am using right now, so I cannot use this to knit squares, but I think it will work for the borders.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

Very nice. They DO eat up a lot of yarn.

2:31 PM  
Blogger lynne said...

Love the "harvesty" colors!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home