Log Cabin KAL

"Give me land, lots of land - covered in garter stitch." -Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

First Log Cabin Knitting

I began my first log cabin knitting over the weekend. I received Mason*Dixon Knitting and a new stash of sugar 'n cream cotton yarn over the weekend, and a project was born...

I've sewn the occasional log cabin square, but never done this in knitting before. It's a blast! I never thought I would want to knit a whole blanket, but I actually want to knit two. One for my daughter (this pink/orange/yellow one) and one for my son (in blues and greens, most likely).

I'm working on the second round of logs right now--I haven't decided yet whether I will go out and replace the colors as I run out, or try to work in other colors from my new stash. Either option is tempting.

1 Comments:

Blogger String Bean said...

Hm, a blanket in cotton? It looks nice, but I don't see where the warmth is. To each their own I guess.

I do like the colors.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home