Log Cabin KAL

"Give me land, lots of land - covered in garter stitch." -Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Absorba--The Log Cabin Bathmat

This is my Absorba, the log cabin bathmat from MasonDixon Knitting. I ended up putting it in my kitchen, because it was too big for my little bathroom.

I couldn't find the double worsted Peaches and Creme, so I used 4 strands of Sugar and Cream in Soft Ecru, Ecru, Jute and Natural Ombre. I used size 15's (circulars). My crocs are in the corner for size comparison. It took me less than a week with lots of breaks in between.
It is very soft and thick, and it is comfy to stand on.

5 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

I can't understand how you could stand to knit with such a big needles size! I'm working on a bath mat with only 2 strands and that's as thick as I'll ever go!

10:29 AM  
Blogger erica said...

Could someone give me an idea of how to join this KAL?

I'm currently working on my first of I'm sure will be many Log Cabin blankets.

erica

5:44 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Monika--It is awkward and i would miss a strand every once in a while. I'm working on the superfancy potholder loop from the book, too, and it kills my wrists! 35's, and super thick yarn.

susan

6:49 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Erica--left a msg on your blog. Click on the email me button under Christina's name.

susan

6:32 PM  
Blogger Dreamy said...

absorba is so awesome! I can't wait to make one of these... as soon as my walmart gets pretty colors in the cones. Right now they just have a barfy one. :( Yours looks gorgeous!

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home