Log Cabin KAL

"Give me land, lots of land - covered in garter stitch." -Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne

Saturday, February 17, 2007

log cabin using different weights of yarn

Hi all:

I'm thinking of trying a log cabin (probably the "standard" pattern from MDK book) using some yarn from an afghan kit I had bought with 4 yarns: one "curlilocks" (recommended needle size 4 mm - 6 mm), one wool slub (recommended needle size 10 mm), and two others in between.

I have had some success in past with contrasting gauges when fooling around with a suggestion by Jenny Dowde in her book "Freeform Knitting and Crochet"...

This is the finished product:

I was hesitant about the yarns in this particular kit because they are so varied (and almost impossible to frog if one doesn't like the result). However, it turned out OK, I think.




Has anyone tried this? and if so, any tips? (about when to pick up sts, etc?)

Regards,

Kristina
http://knitwitsvengeance.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home