Log Cabin KAL

"Give me land, lots of land - covered in garter stitch." -Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My First Completed LCB



Here’s a pic of my first blanket. I’m so excited! I messed up the border a little, but I see it as a learning experience, considering that I didn’t follow any directions other than the idea that it was sort of like the parts of a picture frame; and that the inner edge is at an angle so that the pieces could fit together. I went with a thin border because I didn’t want it to take away from the rest of the blanket. I didn’t block this or anything. I think that maybe I should because one side looks longer than the rest. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Whew, with this blanket finally done, I can start on two baby blankets that I want to do. One will be LCB and the other will be a granny square type. I am thinking that I will work on them both together to start off, just to see how it works out. A.C. Moore just had a Moonlight Madness sale and I took advantage and bought all the baby colors of the Caron’s Simply Soft that I could get. The green is not really a baby green, but so beautiful; which is why I want to make a granny square blanket. I am planning on using that green to connect everything. I love this green so much that I wanted it incorporate it into more than just a border…yet, it’s not really a baby color. I am convinced that it will work in nicely, though. The yarn is still in the car and it’s too late for me to run out and get it, so, stay tuned for a pic of all the colors.

I also got a few other balls, not related to my baby projects. Still trying to decide what to do with them… I think THAT is the hardest part of any project, just deciding the project!

1 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

Your blanket turned out beautifully! I never block my blankets. As they are being used they stretch in all directions, and it doesn't matter if one edge is longer or not. I LOVE to start new projects. Picking out the yarn and deciding what to do with it is the best moment. Halfway through the project, my head is already filled with the next project. ;o) Have fun knitting the baby blankets, and I'm with you, even though I haven't seen the green yarn, I'm sure it will go with the blanket. I'n not a fan of all baby colores anyway. I like bold colors. I say, go for it! ;o)

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home