Log Cabin KAL

"Give me land, lots of land - covered in garter stitch." -Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Introducing the Family LogCabin

Hi, I am Angela. My sister and I are making an afghan for our grandma and grandpa in New Mexico. She crochets and I knit, what betterpattern than a log cabin (instead of doing squares... zzzzz) for a combined project?

The goal is to attempt not to repeat a stitch patterns. Already we are seeing some problems with this, since different stitches have different gauges, specifically-- ribbing. The cables pull in, but I expected that. I am sure that as we go on and we learn more (esp about picking up the proper ammount of stitches) the blanket will even out more.


You can click it to see it a little bigger. Another problem I think we will have is that the crochet is the top and bottom and the knitting is the left and right. Should we stick it out like that? Or start mixing it up a little?

1 Comments:

Blogger pat said...

You can make this even more mixed than you might imagine. Check out the 'afghan squares' set here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/woollythoughts/sets/

They are not exactly log cabin but might give you some ideas.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home